Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Let's talk health insurance....

Okay I'm back in action and will dedicate at least three blog posts a week! Let's get the followership up up up!!! What is on the docket today? HEALTHCARE!!

What is the perfect compromise solution to the health insurance crisis in the United States today?

Before we start discussing the system, we have to accept several basic premises of our government; this will be part one of the blog posts for the week.

First of all, there is no problem with the health care system in the USA there is a problem with the health insurance system! Second, a “right” is something that comes from something greater than another human being. This is fundamentally why our founders stated in the Declaration of Independence that we are “endowed by our creator certain unalienable rights.” One has to accept the premise that if we allow our rights to come from other humans then those rights can be taken away. I understand that in some situations one’s right to liberty can be removed but it must be through the due process of the law. Next, if a right is something endowed to us from a “creator” then there is no basic right to have someone else pay for your health insurance. Access to the healthcare system (doctors, hospitals, clinics, prescriptions) or having someone else pay for one's access is not a right because it involves one taking something from someone else.

It is my opinion that the best compromise situation for the United States’ health insurance system is a system similar to Switzerland.

The next post will compare and contrast the Swiss insurance system to the American system. Until then remember the words of President Calvin Coolidge (who I'll quote frequently!): “The suspension of one man’s dividends is the suspension of another man’s pay envelope. Men do not make laws. They do but discover them. Laws must be justified by something more than the will of the majority.”

1 comment:

  1. Hey where have you been! I think that adherence to that pesky document called the Constitution is giving the current occupant of the Oval Office the fits. I think that people need to be freaking self-sufficient and not many people will say this out loud but I'm getting to the point where if I see another lazy bastard's hand out reaching for my wallet I want to cut it off. Hell, yeah I'm mad - but you have touched on a real issue here - I don't know much about the Swiss system and I hope you explain it soon - but this system here in the US is L A M E.

    ReplyDelete